Introduction to Orient Display Embedded Project
Orient Display is one of the world’s leading display LCD display manufacturers which was founded in 1996 by executives more than 25 years of R&D and production experience. Besides display, Orient Display also focused on embedded technologies which are including ARM architecture and has accumulated rich experience in embedded products.
Now Orient Display Technical Services include hardware, software and consulting.
Our Hardware team make prototypes in the shortest time according to your design ideas and requirements. We specialize in the design of cost-effective or a complex high-performance board to meet your requirement for high reliability in a short development cycle.
– Schematic Design
– PCB Layout
– Industry Product Customization
Our Software team specializes in Linux-based ARM® designs, PowerPC and x86 processor, to name a few. As a complete solution provider for Linux, Android and WinCE in embedded systems, we can solve the end-to-end system-related problems of your products.
– System migration, optimization and tailoring
– Drive development
– Kernel Tailoring
– Porting LINUX KERNEL to ARM, PPC or x86 Board
– APP development (application, Linux QT, Linux C/++）
Our FAE team also provide you with a full range of technologies for your products or semi-finished products.
– We provide consultation on software & hardware resources of our products;
– We solve problems encountered during the use of software & hardware manuals of our products;
– OEM and ODM after-sales technical support;
– Data maintenance and update;
– Orient Display products are backed by our Lowest Price Guarantee.
1. System Requirements Analysis
* Design tasks, goals, specifications
– This provided by our customers
* Functional and non-functional requirement
– Include system performance, cost, power consumption, volume, weight and other factors
2. Architecture Design
A good architecture is the key to the success of the design. In this step, it is often necessary to do following things:
- Select the main chip:
— ARM Cortex A, R or M, or PowerPc or ColdFire
- Determine the RTOS:
— Linux, uClinux, Vxworks, freeRTOS, WinCE
- Select Display:
- Programming language:
— c/c++, python, Java
- Development tools:
u-boot, busybox, QT, Ubuntu, stm32CubeIde, visual studio, android studio, keil uVision, RT-Tread studio
3. Hardware and Software Co-design
In order to shorten the product development cycle:
Software Development Sequence:
- We usually choose u-boot as Bootloader, it 1)init cpu to known state 2)init memory 3)init interrupt 4)init clock 5)load kernel to running address
- Configure Kernel:
1) configure kernel system: *memory management, *file systems, *device driver, *network stack, *I/O Systems
2) write I/O device driver *char device driver, *block device driver, *net device driver
- Select Applications:
*Select a user library *Build user application *Configure Initialization process *Build root FS
4. System Integration
Integrate the system’s software, hardware and execution devices together, debug, find and improve the errors in the unit design process.
5. System Test
Test the designed system to see if it meets the functional requirements given in the specification. The biggest feature of the embedded system development model is the comprehensive development of software and hardware.
Orient Display has an amazing team of talented experts with the experience and capabilities to create an embedded display module from concept through to production.
If you have any questions, please contact our engineers at: email@example.com.