Monochrome TFT LCD Modules
- Incredible contrast ratio of at least 300:1
- Wide viewing angles with >80° from four directions
- Independently researched and developed controller IC
- Default operating voltage is 5V, customer can easily change to 3.3V
- An upgrade based on 240×128 graphic module with identical mechanical outline dimensions
- Customized background and character color upon client’s choice
- Customer can adjust the backlight brightness by modifying the signal
“Just received the 15 samples this morning and have already incorporated one in a prototype and initial impressions are very favorable… Thank you and your team for the speedy turn-around, despite all the hurdles we threw at you.”
Paul Carpenter, R&D Engineer
TFT monochrome display from Orient Display
Orient Display- offering monochrome TFT panel and monochrome LCD display modules with top-notch products at attractive prices.
Orient Display is a company that specializes in manufacturing monochrome TFT screen, monochrome TFT display module with competitive prices. The company was founded in 1996 by specializing in fields of production, R&D, quality controls. Thanks for the management and employee’s continuous hardworking and enormous effort and shareholder continuous investment over years, Orient Display factory is now the world’s lead standard and monochrome TFT display module manufacturer in flat panel industry and is listed as a public company in China stock market. Now, Factories have complete quality and environment management system, ISO9001, ISO/IATF16949, ISO14001, IECQ QC080000. It is also No.1 in the world for automotive capacitive touch screen which took around 18% market share in the world automotive market.
Why Monochrome TFT LCD Display is needed?
The world is full of color TFT displays. We might have a question why we need a monochrome TFT display?. The reasons are as below,
- Some customers are used to monochrome STN, Blue STN, FSTN or FFSTN graphic LCD displays. But with fewer and fewer manufacturers produce this legacy 4.8” or 5.7” QVGA displays. The EOL pressure is high. Orient Display uses the conventional color TFT displays to convert them into monochrome TFT displays. The interfaces are fully compatible which is easy for the customers to have drop replacement option.
- The microcontrollers to be used for these monochrome TFT displays are much less expensive than the ones used for color TFT displays.
- The contrast for these monochrome TFT LCD displays are much better than monochrome STN, Blue STN, FSTN or FFSTN graphic LCD displays. The monochrome TFT LCD displays (active matrix) have the contrast ratio of at least 300:1 or even higher than 1,000:1 but it is difficult for monochrome STN, Blue STN, FSTN or FFSTN graphic LCD displays (passive matrix) to achieve 50:1.
- The viewing angle for these monochrome TFT LCD displays are much better than monochrome STN, Blue STN, FSTN or FFSTN graphic LCD displays. The monochrome TFT LCD displays (active matrix) have the viewing angle of 80/80/80/80 while it is difficult for monochrome STN, Blue STN, FSTN or FFSTN graphic LCD displays (passive matrix) to achieve 45/45/25/45.
- The price and production quality of these monochrome TFT lcd displays are much better than monochrome STN, Blue STN, FSTN or FFSTN graphic LCD displays.
- Monochrome LCD display modules can maintain the availability of at least 10 years.
If you have any questions about Orient Display monochrome TFT display. Please feel free to contact our engineers for details.
Check Also: TFT vs Amoled.