Capacitive Touch Panel Technology (CTP) for Automotive
CTP is more and more widely used in automotive. Fig. 1 below shows the details.
Fig.1 Capacitive Touch Panel Applications in Automotive
Orient Display has 4 key technologies differentiating us from other companies:
1. “Panda Black” OGS 3.0 – The Best Seamless Solution
Fig.2 LCD Viewing Angel Definition (Side Views)
Fig. 3 GG vs OGS
- easy to make special shape like drill hole etc.;
- can customize different color with ink printing.
OGS Pros & Cons:
- Simple stack-up;
- Save cost for Lens and OCA;
- Thinner & lighter;
- Zero gap make Border more invisible.
- Not suitable for multi-colors printing on the cover lens
Fig. 4 Panda Black Appearance
- With multilayer index matching, “Panda black” is defined as lower reflectance, smaller color difference (ΔE between BM and AA), and higher blackness, It’s the best seamless solution.
- “Panda Black” includes a set of optimization of OGS touch screen, TFT display, OCR optical bonding, and anti-reflection film or surface treatment, etc.
Fig. 5 Full Spectrum Reflectivity of BM and AA Area
Both BM and AA area can be lower than 1.7%, and AA area can be lower to 1.45%.
Fig. 6 Reflectivity and Delta E of Different Generations OGS
- Each generation of OGS optical bonding unit, we keep improving the performance of reflectivity and ΔE, in order to achieve the lower reflection and better seamless effect.
- Now OGS 3.0 “Panda Black” touch and display optical bonding unit with AR surface, not only reflectivity can be lower than 1.7%, but also ΔE can be lower than 1.7 (Both 1.7).
2. “Panda Black” Cluster Lens – The Best Seamless Solution
|W/O AR||W/ AR|
While “Panda Black” cluster lens optical bonding with TFT display, seamless black across the display area and cover lens border, show the best decorative effect and elegant looks.
- New technology instead of ink printing;
- Seamless black between VA and BM:
△E<1 without AR film
△E<2 with AR film
- Surface AGAR treatment is optional;
- Size: Max 3rd generation(550*650mm).
Fig. 7 “Panda Black” cluster lens vs Ordinary cover lens
3. “Pilatus” Automotive Touch Screen – Bridge and ITO Invisible Technology
- No Bridge design, no any bridge reflection under strong light;
- New index matching design, no any ITO gaps reflection under strong light;
- More durable on sunlight simulation, DIN75220;
- Smoother and more reliable connection between internal ITO;
Fig. 8 Pilatus Automotive Touch Screen
- Under strong sunlight, Bridge cause some reflection issue, and ITO gaps is obviously also. “Pilatus” automotive touch screen is designed to reduce this reflection;
- The new index matching design reduce the reflectance difference between ITO pattern and gaps;
- Without bridge design, there is no bridge shining issue even under strong light.
4. Curve Flexible Touch – Next Generation Automotive Touch
4th Gen. Curve flexible touch
Fig.9 Curve Flexible Touch